Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thrift Shop and Shabby Chic finds!

I can honestly say some of my BEST finds and style influencers have been found right there at the flea markets and thrift shops. Having come from Western New York in my 20's, I could always find the coolest and latest shops to scout. I cannot wait to get back up there to scour and investigate the newest shops and thrift stores in the area. It has been a year since I have been back. I think the most interesting thing about this way of shopping is that you never know what you are going to find. The small towns are the best place to do this. There is a certain kind of adventurous spirit that comes with this kind of shopping and it is definitely the thrill of the hunt. Once before entering FIT in NY, right before I entered their millinery program I entered my craft hats in a show on Park Avenue and noticed someone had placed a bunch of blocks outside their "Arts and Crafts" home on the Avenue. I could KICK myself now!!!! Not realizing what they were at the time, I use them everyday in my trade! I cannot say that I am fortunate in NY to find these sweet deals but I am always taking trips by internet or by car to find the thrift shop. Hey they even have a show now for the "American Picker" but I have to say my version is much more stylish and savvy!!! Stay tuned for my next adventure!!! LB xxooo ;))))

No comments:

Post a Comment